Friday, February 12, 2010

Star Wars over Dinosaurs???

As anyone who's ever met Andrew knows, he's way into dinosaurs. It was so obvious that anytime he would get a present from someone it was a dinosaur gift. I had to start throwing out some of his toys every other month to keep the house clean. He'd pull out all of his dinosaurs looking for his favorite. Well, it happened. Andrew got interested in something other than dinosaurs!!! I'm so excited! For Christmas we got him his first action figures and a light saber. Since then we have been using other SW action figures as bribes if he goes potty at school without any accidents. IT WORKED! We've offered him dinosaurs in the past but that didn't motivate him. I was getting so worried because he'd never have accidents at home yet anytime we left the house he would always have one. He's gotten so good at potty training that now he'll even tell me when he needs to go when we are at Smiths or Target or wherever. I'm so THRILLED!!! Here are some of the fun pics we have of him with his new toys...

You might notice the snow boarding boots of Dad's but look closely, he added Darth Vader and a storm trooper to the top of the boots...Mark and I play Lego Star Wars and the Wii, such a fun game! Andrew likes to watch us play. We found a Lego shirt at Walmart and it's turned into his FAVORITE SHIRT! I found Andrew playing in Julie's crib (which is really funny since it was his when he was younger but HATED it and the first time he slept through the night as a child is when we moved his crib out of the bedroom and replaced it with a queen top mattress on the floor)...This has to be my favorite. We didn't have a ship for any of the toys so Andrew being the cleaver kid that he is came up with this, both Mark and I think it's GREAT!
My mom also made him a crayon roll. It's so cute and I know Andrew was way excited when he got it. She did such a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment