Thursday, September 2, 2010

Husband Intuition?

So today started off pretty good. I woke up early so I could get some work done before taking Andrew to school. I had some friends over to make hair bows while Andrew was at school, all the while trying to keep Julie out of the scissors and pins and fabric. Went to pick up Andrew, came home to put Julie down for a nap since she missed her morning nap and had lunch. Normal day so far. After I was done working I had to go to the store. While working Andrew was asking me question after question, not giving me any quite time to think or do anything I needed to do. Even when he played outside he would call me out to talk to him. I was starting to get a headache but still had to make it to the store. After Julie woke up we headed out. I usually don't mind taking the kids but today, Andrew wanted to buy everything in the store. By the time we were done, I was done. I knew Mark was getting off late and I had a meeting at 7 so I didn't want to bother him with my frustration. It wasn't really anything specific, just one of those days. I couldn't wait for Mark to get home! I got a text that he was going to get his hair cut but that he was off. Then Julie found the sugar container, and figured out how to open the sugar. Then found the raisins and threw those at the dogs, and anything else she could reach at the pantry. I was counting the minutes for Mark to get home. I then got a nock at my door, who could that be? I fought off the dogs on the way to the door, didn't have time to peak through the peep hole and just opened the door. Who was it you might be asking yourself? My amazing husband holding flowers, a card and CHOCOLATE! Oh, he know how to make my day better without knowing I was having one of those days! It was so sweet and so unexpected. He hasn't bought me flowers in a long time, it was just what I needed. I know this is a long post and I'm sorry, but I was just so happy and had to share it with you all. It might not have seemed like a bad day but I was feeling it. Here is what I got: Thank you Mark! I love you and think you are such a great dad and husband. You made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment