Monday, September 13, 2010

Sacrament Talk

So Mark and I were asked to speak in sacrament a few months ago but I was going to be out of town. We thought we were off the hook for a little while but we were asked again to speak on September 12th. I was nervous since I don't remember ever speaking in church before. I'm sure I had when I was a youth but I don't remember for sure that I have actually spoken in Sacrament meeting. We had the subject of "Preparing for General Conference" which was pretty broad and generic. I was a little nervous about it since we didn't really prepare, we just made sure to watch it every time, maybe that's why we had to speak on that subject since we didn't currently prepare. I think it went pretty well. We shared our time with a youth speaker so that was nice. I felt like I only spent about 5 min talking but afterwards someone said that I gave a long talk and they were really impressed so I guess I did okay. Mark got emotional, which was so sweet! He hasn't spoken since his mission so he was nervous as well. Overall it was a great experience and gave us some ideas on how we should prepare for the next conference in October as well as some traditions we might want to start in our own family to get the kids excited for it each year (twice a year). Anyway, I just wanted to post something quick about it. Thanks for the experience and I hope those that were there enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment