Wednesday, June 22, 2011

30th Anniversary

I know what most of you will think after you read this post, why am I writing about someone else when it’s my 30th birthday?  Well, I just am so get over it.  I met my best friend, ‘Shursty’, when I was born.  We have done so much in the last 30 years together.  I remember riding our bikes back and forth to each other’s houses, passing the cemetery that used to be there, even one day thinking we saw a man on top of a building that looked like Satan.  That was a scary day for some pre-teenage girls. You even taught me how to shave my legs.  I remember one year you took me to the mall (rode the bus I think) to go to the movies, shopping and even shakes all for my birthday (I have the photo booth pictures at my mom’s house, I’ll post those later).  We went to Arizona one year and babysat for your uncle, you got me to like country music by the end of that trip too.  We even took a trip to California with our moms...

 Picture above is my mom (Kathy) in the back, her mom (Quinette), Shersten and then me.  I was 12, aren't we adorable???

We found a characaturist (?spelling?) that drew us below.
When I was younger I wanted you to marry my brother, Kollin, so we could be related (I know you have brothers too, they just also felt like my brothers).  I wish we could spend more time together but I know how hard it is living in different states, being married and having kids.  But I’m glad to know that no matter how long it’s been since we spoke, I can call you and we can pick up where we left off.  You were my maid of honor, I gave my daughter your middle name, and I call you for advice.  You really are my best friend and I’m so glad to share my birthday with our friendship anniversary.  I love you and can’t wait to see you and your family again someday soon.  Thanks for always being there when I need you!

1 comment:

  1. So... I commented on this a few minutes ago, but it kicked me out and erased my message! So, if it comes through twice, sorry :) I really appreciate that sweet post Callie!!! It meant so much to me and made me cry! You have always been such a good friend to me, just like a siste in fact (even though I didn't marry your brother)! I loved this fun trip down memory lane, and I look forward to making many more memries together through our lifetime of friendship!! I love you tons and tons Callie, thanks for being such a great friend!!! -Shersten

    ReplyDelete