Saturday, February 5, 2011

Utah Trip 2011


Since Mark and I were unable to travel to Utah for Thanksgiving (2010) and Trevor was unable to travel to NV for the boys annual snow board trip in Jan/Feb, we decided that we needed to go to Utah. It was SO much fun! We left Friday, Jan 14th after Mark got off work and drove through the night. It was so much better than driving super early in the morning. I was driving first shift and I was doing great! I knew from past driving that I can make it to Wendover without filling up on gas so I wasn't worried. For some reason, this trip I had a hard time with this. I thought I was doing well and when I saw the sign for 30 miles to Wendover my gas light came on. OH CRAP! Here it is, midnight-ish with my husband asleep in the seat next to me, both my kids asleep in the back and we're going to run out of gas 2 hours away family/friend's help. I said MANY prayers. Mark ended up waking up about 15 miles left to Wendover, helping me keep calm and saying we can make it. When I saw the freeway exit to Wendover I was so relieved! If you don't know, there were NO gas stations during this huge stretch of freeway. I think the last option was about 70 miles before Wendover. Anyway, we did make it to the gas station, filled up and were back on the road to Utah. That was our only issue driving that I can remember this trip so YAY!

Saturday was Ali's (Kollin's girlfriend) baby shower for her friends. I went since I was in town and I was excited! She got a lot of cute stuff, I didn't get pictures of anything since I didn't have my camera out but Corey (Troy's girlfriend) made this super cute blanket for the little guy!
It was a LOT of fun to see family again and I was getting even more excited for the rest of the trip. Sunday we had dinner at Mark's parents house with most of his family. Andrew and Julie were off playing with the cousins that they never get to see and the adults were catching up.

Monday was a holiday so I went to IKEA with my mom, what's Utah trip without going to IKEA? I did some other shopping with her as
well and then back to Ogden to hang out with my family. Tuesday Andrew really wanted to go outside and have a snowball fight. He'd been begging all trip to go. There wasn't as much snow as I had expected but we made the most of it. Julie ran for the playground and got to swing. Andrew followed for a bit, wanted to do what Julie was doing you know.
And then, it happened! The snow was flying everywhere! Okay, I might be exaggerating a little but Andrew was chasing Mark around with snow and Mark was doing the same back. They both looked like they were enjoying themselves and it was nice to be able to play as a family and not have any stress about work or house cleaning or anything else.Julie was a lot more interested in EATING the snow, rather than playing in it. She couldn't stay out long since she
got her gloves wet almost immediately so we went back in but overall, FUN!Wednesday I put together another baby shower for Ali with my Mom's side and my Dad's side of the family. The turn out was GREAT and it was so nice being able to see most of my relatives. Both grandma's were there and most of the girl cousins with a few of their little ones. I had gotten this cute hanger-type-thing and my mom hung up all sorts of baby stuff on it for the decorations. My cousins Tiffany and Cory made her a two-tier diaper cake. It was so cute! We ate Papa John's (my FAVORITE pizza and we only have in Reno so I don't get to eat it EVER) and I made this super yummy salad from Our Best Bites and brownies for dessert. I'm so glad everyone was able to come! I love my family!Thursday Mark and Trevor went snowboarding. I packed up our stuff and got ready for our drive home. They boys had a blast in the snow, we had fun relaxing at Grandma Kathy's. We started our drive home after Mark got back and made a safe, uneventful drive back home.

Julie took some time getting used to her nap schedule again so she fell asleep on the floor a bit. The cutest and most uncomfortable spot I think was under Mark's computer desk. She's not back in the habit of going into her bed when she's tired. Although I love to see my family and go on vacation, it sure is nice to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment