Thursday, April 22, 2010

BiRtHdAy GiRl!

One year ago today Mark and I were unable to sleep, knowing that we were having to be at the hospital by 6 am the next morning to be enduced. We were so excited! Andrew was with my MIL who came in for the birth. When we got to the hospital, I got on my beautiful gown and waited to get started.
I was told that there were a lot of births going on and limited staff so they had to wait to enduce me. Mark decided to test out the "father" bed.
Around 9 am they were finally able to get started. I was hoping it would go a lot quicker this time since Andrew's took 36+ hours and this was my second child. No real luck. My mom got to the hospital about 5 pm since she flew in that day so I'm glad I was able to see her and talk to her a bit before it all happened. I was ready to start pushing around 5:30. The nurse wanted me to do some pushes just to get me started before the doctor came in. Well, little did she know I was further than she thought. I pushed about 3 times and the head was coming, she had to put her hand on Julie's head to stop her while the other nurse was told to get the doctor. You would think that the other nurse would rush right out seeing what was going on but NO. She had the nurve to ask the nurse that was KEEPING MY BABY FROM FALLING OUT to just come over for a second so they could talk. The nurse holding Julie looked at her dumbfoundly and back at me and back at the nurse and said that she was kinda busy and needed the doctor. Thankfully he made it back just intime for Julie to plop on out and see the world.
She was born at 5:40 PM weighing 9 pounds 5.8 ounces and was 20 inches long.
We are so blessed to have her in our lives.
She has been such a wonderful little girl and is almost always so happy and can always make us smile.
We love you Julie! I hope you have a great birthday.

1 comment: