Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween Party

So this year Andrew had said he wanted to be Obi Won from Star Wars (sorry if I can't spell his name correctly, it's not my show). We found a cheap costume online back in the begining of Sept but it never came, it's been out of stock. We started shopping around and could only find storm troopers or Darth Vader. I've been talking to my mother about all of this and she took it upon herself to ask my grandmother to help make a costume for Andrew. By this time Andrew had changed his mind and wanted to be Luke Skywalker. We had a party to go to on the 23rd and luckily we got the costume that afternoon :) I think it turned our GREAT! Andrew wore it up until the party and almost bed time.
For this Halloween party we were asked to bring fingerfood to share. I had found a website (http://thisoldhenhouse.blogspot.com/2010/09/candy-caramel-apples.html) that made bite-sized carmel apples. I thought it might be cute and fun to do so I attempted it. You first need to melon ball your apple to get bite size pieces...
Then add the stick...I put them in little mini muffin liners.
You then coat the apples with a clear candy shell, let that harden and add the caramel. I did all of this but the carmel kept falling off. I decided not to bring them to the party since it was time to leave so I went with Andrew without anything (Mark and Julie were sick so they stayed home. I went as a witch because I found a hat at Target for $2.50 and socks to match at Walmart for the same price.
I even used black eye liner to make my lips black and added a black mole. I thought it turned out cute until I saw these pictures, I guess I need to work out more...Andrew had so much fun, we played some fun games and got to mingle with the ward. When we got home I caught Mark finishing up my caramel apples and they turned out pretty cute! We still need to work on our skills since we can't take the wax paper off of the apples to eat them but they are really yummy so oh well...
Andrew had fun wearing my witch hat,
But no one enjoyed it more than Julie. She would put it on and run away from you laughing so hard...I wish pictures could have sound cuz it was so super cute!!!
It was hard to get pictures of her since she would run everytime she saw me but I still tried. Thanks again Shana for the great party!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Your mom showed me the picture of the Drewand in his costume... super cute. :)
    The which costume is also awesome! Love how Julie was running around in the hat.
    It's fun to see what I have to look forward to in being able to see you guys next month, and also with my own little ones someday!

    ReplyDelete