Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Ward

Today is Sunday. I've grown to look forward to church like I used to. We have such an amazing ward and the sisters in it are just wonderful. We've discussed before in RS about things that happen for a reason. One sister had said that she moved to Dayton because there was too much going on in her life and here there isn't much to do so she can focus more on what's important. I do believe we moved here for a reason. This reason is to not only bring our family closer together but for us to grow closer to our Heavenly Father. We have tried many times to be active in the church back in Utah but we never stuck to it. Now, we've gone just about every week for almost a year now. We had great support when we were sealed in the Temple and we can feel the love from the ward. I just want to express my appreciation for the sisters in our ward and their strong testimony they share with us each and every week. I've always had the church in my life, but after my situation with my family when I was a kid I just put church on the back burner. I'm so thankful that I have started going to church with my family and I look forward to the lessons and the friendship each week. Thank you for all of those that have helped us in our growth and I really look forward to growing more and getting to know each of you better!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog Callie, its not at all boring you silly girl! This was an awesome post, you have come so far with your testimony-it has been a fabulous thing to watch you grow in the gospel! Your a great person and i am greatful for our friendship, you are pretty much a sister at this point! Love ya forever-Shersten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this will insprie you to update yours sometime ;) Thanks for your sweet words and your help with my growth. I love you and your family and I hope to be able to get together for our own Temple trip sometime!

    ReplyDelete