Monday, December 21, 2009

Table

So I haven't had a kitchen table in over a year and a half. It hasn't been a problem since we eat on our coffee table. I know it's not the most ideal situation but it works for us and I have a small dining area so a table there would be an inconvenience. Well, I signed up to feed the missionaries tonight and was wondering what to do about my table situation. Many people have told me not to worry about it, they can just eat on the coffee table and they don't really care as long as there's food. I heard what they said but I just couldn't come around to eating on the coffee table. Mark and I were out Saturday and saw a card table and chair set for about $55 at Walmart. I decided to see if one of my good neighbor friends could go with me Monday to pick it up since I was in my little car and the table wouldn't fit while Mark and I were there. When I called her today she had the same table and chairs that she was just going to let me borrow. This was perfect! Now I didn't have to spend an hour and a half to go get them when I needed to clean and get ready. After she dropped them off I got a text message from her saying to just keep them. How sweet was that? She knows I need a table, but I was really going to go purchase that same set later. I feel bad for accepting them but I know she wants me to have them and I do hope she gets blessed for her generosity. I love the friends I have made here. They are so generous and kind hearted; this is just one great example. Thank you again! Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment