Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What's in a name?

I want to list how we came up with our kids names so it's not lost. Andrew's full name is Andrew Gordon Johnson. He is named after his dad and grandpa (Mark Andrew and Gordon Stanley Johnson).

Julie's full name is Julie DeAnn Johnson. This one is a little more tricky. I was born Callie Rae Stark. Callie came from someone who went to school with my mom, she really liked the name Callie. Rae came after my great aunt who died in a car accident when she was 7. Her name was Julie Rae Hales. Since I was a little girl I read all about Julie. I thought since I was named after her that I would name my daughter after her too, hence Julie. The DeAnn came from my very best friend, Shersten DeAnn (Dunn) Buchholzer.

If we have more kids, I don't think we'll use family names because of the other girl names we already have picked out but it was nice doing this for the first of each gender we had. I need to be better at my geneology and I'm hoping that in naming our kids after people, they will be interested in their history as well.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you found my blog and commented. Now I can do the same for you but I have to warn you...having time to leave comments will be few are far between. I never would have thought my life could be this busy. I am actually commenting instead of working on my lesson for RS tomorrow. So if my lesson isn't very good...or too short...you'll know why. Actually if we run short i can always turn the time over to testimonies as it's fast sunday. HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you shared this. So many people don't know why they were named as they were. You should also post where Mark's came from...My hubby didn't realize until a few weeks ago where his middle name originated. He then remembered that he'd heard that before, but when I'd asked him in the past he just said, "I don't know, someone in the family. I THINK on my mom's side." (I asked his mom...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I actually asked Mark about his name. He didn't know for sure so I will definately update this when he finds out. I'm hoping soon because I'm curious as well. It's funny how the guys don't really pay attention until the wives ask about it.

    ReplyDelete